How It Works
Always Wanted One has been created as a place to buy and sell interesting vehicles.
New or old, fast or slow, cars, bikes, boats or planes, we’re here to provide a cherry-picked selection of interesting enthusiast vehicles, whatever those vehicles may be.
Sellers submit their vehicles via a very quick and easy process, then we select which we’d like to auction on our website.
We help with the creation of the listing, to make sure the entire process can be as transparent as possible.
Please see the relevant section below for further help on how to use our site.
Selling your vehicle
We aim to make the process of selling your vehicle as painless as possible. Submitting a vehicle to us is a very quick process, and no fees are paid until all has been agreed and the listing approved.
Follow these easy steps:
- Register on our website. We require details of a credit/debit card before submitting your vehicle to be auctioned. This allows us to ensure that listings are genuine.
- Submit your vehicle via our submission form. We ask for the basic details of your vehicle, as well as a few key photos.
- We review your submission, and respond with a decision.
- Once we’re happy, we will ask for more information about your vehicle in order to create an accurate listing. At this point we will also discuss and agree upon a reserve price (if relevant).
- Once the listing is ready to go live, you will be charged a listing fee of £49.
- The auction for your vehicle will go live on our site. Our auctions run for 7 days.
- At the end of the auction (if reserve price is met), the winning bidder will be charged a buyer’s fee of 5% of the final vehicle price in order to confirm legitimacy. We will then put you and the buyer in touch, allowing you to finalise the deal.
- If your vehicle fails to sell (either through lack of bids, or failure to meet reserve price), then we will offer a full refund of listing fee, or you may choose to relist your vehicle for no further charge.
Buying a vehicle
Buying a vehicle on Always Wanted One is easy. There is no cost to register or bid, you will only be charged a buyer’s fee if you are the winning bidder.
Follow these easy steps:
- Register on our website. We require details of a credit/debit card before you will be able to bid on a listing. This allows us to ensure that all bids are genuine.
- Place bid on vehicle, via the vehicle’s auction page. Email updates will be given about the auction. If you are outbid, you may increase your bid.
- When the auction ends, if the reserve price has been met and your bid is the highest bid, then you are the winning bidder.
- If you are the winning bidder, you will be charged a non-refundable buyer’s fee, which is 5% of the winning bid amount (minimum £150, maximum £3000).
- We will then put you and the seller in touch, allowing you to finalise the deal.